Uplift Family Services
Sacramento, CA, United States
Uplift Family Services is hiring a Facilitator I for our Mental Health Program in Sacramento.
We do whatever it takes to strengthen and advocate for children, families, adults and communities to realize their hopes for behavioral health and well-being.
Uplift Family Services is a statewide nonprofit that helps children and families. The agency is one of the largest, most comprehensive mental health treatment programs in California. Uplift Family Services takes a state-of-the-art approach to children and adolescents with complex behavioral health challenges and helps them recover from trauma such as abuse, severe neglect, addiction and poverty. For youth that exit our programs, over 90% are living in the community, staying in school, and remaining out of trouble.
If working for an organization like Uplift Family Services formerly EMQ FamiliesFirst and helping kids and families in crisis is what you have a passion for then we have the job for you!
RESPONSIBILITIES: Works within the vision, mission, and philosophy of the agency. Under limited supervision, works independently in the family’s home and a variety of community and/or treatment settings, coordinates services with an understanding of the complexity of each family while blending the clinical care of the youth with the facilitation of the life domain planning process. Provides cross-functional team facilitation to support and enhance the efforts of youth and their families/caregivers, system workers who are part of the support team, and other individuals in a variety of environments. Provides facilitation, assessment, and case management services including all related documentation for services planned and provided.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
Master’s Degree (MS/ MA) in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field required.
Must have 2 years of experience serving individuals with complex needs including Severely Emotionally Disturbed (SED) youth/ and families and/or youth in residential settings required.
Experience with the mental health, child welfare and/or juvenile probation systems required.
Availability to participate in 24-hour stand by program required.
Master’s Degree (MS/ MA) in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or related field AND two (2) years related experience preferred.
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist (MHRS) and licensure eligibility preferred.
Speak, read, and/or write another language fluently preferred.
Uplift Family Services is committed to its employees, and offers a competitive compensation package and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, tuition reimbursement, life insurance, 401k matching and more.
Please visit our website to apply
“Join Our Team”/Job Openings/Current Openings/Location
Uplift Family Services
Sacramento, CA, United States
Works within the vision, mission, and philosophy of the agency. Under direct supervision, develops and implements positive behavior supports and intervention strategies to address significant behavioral problems for youth and their families/caregivers in a variety of environments. Works collaboratively with others on the clinical team to support creation and implementation of stabilization and service plans.
Works independently with youth and or families in a variety of settings including homes, community, and/or treatment settings.
1. Provides direct services to youth and families.
2. Assists teams in developing a hypothesis of function and underlying unmet needs in an effort to develop individualized, strength based strategies, and interventions that will result in positive behavior change.
3. Develops intervention plans that support the decrease in behaviors while incorporating strengths into skill development plans, a time-line regarding implementation and transition of plans to the youth and family, as well as both proactive and reactive strategies that can be used before, after and during escalating incidents.
4. Understands and engages in therapeutic opportunities in crisis situations and provides corrective experiences in times of crisis.
5. Offers constructive feedback and creative suggestions in the use of non-aversive approaches to behavior change to all members of the team.
6. Models, trains, and practices with the child, family, and natural supports behavioral interventions and skill development plans.
7. Provides positive demonstration of professional behavior in all aspects of his/her role, maintaining positive relations with customers and modeling the value of these relationships internally and externally.
8. Attends and participate in weekly supervision, weekly staff meetings, in-service training and treatment team meetings.
9. Actively participates in continuous quality improvement processes and projects.
10. Employee is required to meet applicable productivity and documentation requirements
11. Driving to appointments with clients and their families or other key contacts
12. Physical interactions with children of variable ages such as, but not limited to, games, sports and other activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All employees are responsible for keeping job requirements up to date. This can include but are not limited to certifications, licensure, and maintaining a clear criminal record.
• Bachelor's Degree (BA/ BS) required.
Preferred Education Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree (BA/ BS) in Psychology, Behavioral Science, Education or related field preferred.
• One (1) year experience working with children who have Serious Emotionally Disturbed (SED) children and their families required.
Other Specific Requirements
• Must pass Department of Justice (DOJ), Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), and Child Abuse Index Check (CAIC) background clearance, if applicable.
• Valid California Driver's license with two years experience driving and clean driving record will required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and taste or smell.
Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In addition, this position requires standing, sitting, walking, climbing and kneeling.
Employee Statement of Understanding
I have read and understand the job description for my position. I am able to perform all of the essential functions of this position. I agree to successfully complete all required training indicated for this position. I agree to keep all of my required certifications and licenses current and up to date and provide proper documentation of the same to the Human Resources Department. I agree to comply with all Agency policies and procedures. I agree to comply with the agency compliance plan and all laws, rules, regulations and standards of conduct relating to my position. As an employee, I understand my duty to report any suspected violations of the law or the standards of conduct to my immediate supervisor. As an employee, I will strive to uphold the mission and vision of the organization. All employees are required to adhere to the values in all their interactions with youth and families and fellow employees.
On My Own Independent Living Services
6939 Sunrise Boulevard, Citrus Heights, CA, United States
DEFINITION : Provide direct service to assure the needs of the client are met. STATUS : Non-Exempt REPORTS TO: Case Manager SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Assist in determining client goals and needs.
Assess the knowledge, skills, and abilities of clients in functional areas: household maintenance, meal planning and preparation, shopping, money management, relocation, socialization and recreation, health and safety, communication and problem solving, accessing medical & other community resources.
Develop and maintain relationship with family and/or support system of person served.
Assist clients in various activities of daily living (ADL) such as bathing, toileting, personal hygiene, etc
Prepare meals and snacks as requested.
Perform light housekeeping such as vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, laundry, and cleaning surfaces, etc.
Participate in all meetings as needed.
Maintain all necessary records for services rendered.
Submit all paperwork to office as required by supervisor and members of the management team.
Maintain a professional relationship with external agencies and support systems.
Immediately bring to the attention of the team and/or supervisor any opportunity for improvement in agency processes, and/or problem affecting the agency or its services to clients and work toward the resolution of these opportunities and problems.
Other duties as assigned.
Ability to learn and retain new skills as required in a timely manner.
Ability to respect the rights and dignity of all persons served.
Willingness to work a flexible schedule.
Valid California Drivers’ License.
Reliable transportation with proof of insurance.
On My Own Independent Living Services
On My Own is a local company dedicated to providing quality training and support for adults with developmental disabilities, parents, and the elderly. We have an excellent reputation and strive to create a culture of creativity and compassion.
If you're looking for a work environment that is positive, fun and uplifting this is the job for you.
Our competitive benefit package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, supplemental insurance and 401(k) after 90 days of continuous employment.
Our Employee Incentive Program is Outstanding!!!
As a Caregiver, you will work with developmentally disabled adults who want to live independently in their own homes and communities. You will work with and train clients in areas such as wellness and healthcare, budgeting and record keeping, advocacy, grocery shopping and meal preparation, and housekeeping.
Many of our clients receive services from both On My Own and IHSS (In Home Supported Services).
Currently we have full-time and part-time shifts available to offer our Caregivers. However, given that we are a 24/7 service with a long list of clients who need care, these openings are subject to change. Therefore, you have the greatest chance of receiving your EXACT preferred schedule if you are as flexible as possible with your availability.
1. Passion for giving care and helping others
2. Willingness to work with a variety of clientele with a variety of different needs
3. Strong interpersonal communication skills
4. Current drivers license / Car Insurance in your name / Your own reliable transportation
5. Comfortable working with technology and electronic schedule logging
6. Availability to work weekends,overnights, and holidays (This is a 24/7 program)
Following areas preferred: (Sacramento / Roseville / Davis / Woodland / Placerville)
Experience with Elderly / Disabled Adult populations a big plus
As a caregiver, you are the lifeblood of the social services industry. Join On My Own and make a difference today.
Our competitive benefit package includes Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Supplemental Insurance and 401(k) after 90 days of continuous employment.
-Respond to this add or send your resume to email@example.com