The Software Engineer will design, build, test and implement new features and functionality for global Interactive Voice Response (IVR) systems which run on the Genesys Voice Portal platform. You will be responsible for system analysis, creating technical specification documents, developing source code, preparing unit/integration test plans, and release management. Furthermore, this position is responsible for system integrations, maintenance, and support of contact center components including, speech recognition, routing, and real-time and historical reporting.
Ideal candidates will have: Knowledge & Experience:
- 2-3 years Java/vxml Development
- 2-3 years IVR Administration, development, or support experience (Genesys Voice Portal required)
- 2-3 years experience with Speech Recognition technology (Nuance preferred).
- 3-5 years Linux, Unix Server Administration
- 3-5 years Tomcat experience and IDEs like Eclipse or Genesys Composer.
- Ability to build new routing strategies as well as tune existing strategies in Genesys IRD.
- 3-5 years’ experience as Genesys Engineer/Administrator monitoring and supporting Genesys framework 8.0/8.5.
- Candidate will have telecommunication background and experience with VOIP/SIP/CTI standards and technologies.
- Experience with GVP reporting, InfoMart, CCPulse.
- Genesys Certification preferred – Framework, Routing, SIP Server, Genesys Voice Portal.
- Min. 3-5 years Telephony Administration for routing and skills management (Genesys preferred)
- 3-5 years Systems Development Life Cycle Experience (SDLC)
- Solid Understanding of Project Management
- Ability to Execute Performance and Load Tests
- Excellent MS-Office experience
- Excellent Communication Skills: Written-Data Flow, process flow, network and application level diagraming, Design and Solutions Definition Documentation,
- Ability to liaison with business customer and development team and/or Vendor.
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to perform multiple, concurrent activities in a fast paced and multi-site, global team environment
- Ability to interact with and lead team members in a local, international and multi-site environment
- Ability to maintain flexibility in a dynamic organization
- Ability to represent the department and company in a professional manner at all times
Problem Solving & Decision Making:
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Solves routine problems of moderate scope and complexity, following established policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction, understanding span of control to escalate issues to appropriate level
- Applies knowledge learned through experience to be able to resolve non-routine and/or moderately complex problems
In addition to the dynamic and professional environment at Franklin Templeton, we strive to ensure that our employees have access to a competitive and valuable set of Total Rewards—the mix of both monetary and non-monetary rewards provided to you in recognition for your time, talents, efforts, and results.