To provide supervision and direction to assigned personnel and to perform the more complex and paraprofessional accounting duties.
The Senior Accounting Technician is given independent responsibility for the completion of paraprofessional accounting duties. This class is distinguished from an Accounting Technician in that the Senior Accounting Technician is required to exercise independent judgment and initiative and to supervise, schedule, assign, and coordinate the work of assigned personnel.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Direction is provided by professional or management personnel. Responsibilities include the direct supervision of paraprofessional accounting and general clerical personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Four years of experience performing financial and statistical record keeping including one year at the paraprofessional level maintaining an accounting system.
Specialized courses in accounting and business practices.
Proof of Education:
Proof of education such as college transcripts and degrees AND proof of certification must be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office in person, as an attachment(s) to the online application, or fax to (916) 596-1556 by the final filing deadline. If submitting in person or via fax, please include your name and Recruitment #015064-17 on your documents.
An applicant with a college degree obtained outside the United States must have education records evaluated by a credentials evaluation service. This evaluation must be submitted before you will be considered for any position.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application to the Employment Office by the final filing deadline.
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) – In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline;
3. Conviction Questionnaire: Human Resources will notify candidates who meet the minimum qualifications by email to complete and submit the "Conviction Questionnaire." The notification will provide each candidate with instructions on how to sign into his/her Neogov account run through GovernmentJobs and retrieve the "Conviction Questionnaire." Promptly follow the instructions and respond to the questionnaire within three (3) business days from the date of the e-mail notification. Failure to complete this step by the deadline will result in having your application not move forward in the examination process.
4. Written Test: (Weighted 100%) – Qualified candidates will be notified by email of the written test date, time, and location approximately two weeks prior to the test. The written test will be job related and may include, but not limited to, the knowledge and abilities above.
5. Eligibility - Candidates who pass the written test will be placed on an eligible list. The Department may contact candidates for interview at any time during the life of the one-year list.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process: