To conduct field inspections, investigations, and audits to assure compliance with appropriate codes, policies, laws, and regulations pertaining to an approved cross connection control/backflow prevention program.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General direction is provided by the Cross Connection Control Specialist or higher level supervisory or management position. Responsibilities may include direct and indirect supervision of lower-level personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties are typical for this classification. Incumbents may not perform all the listed duties and/or may be required to perform related duties as needed:
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
High School diploma or G.E. D. equivalent.
Two years of experience as a Utilities Operation and Maintenance Serviceworker in the City of Sacramento, which must include one year in Water.
Four years experience in water distribution, water production, or related field, of which three years must have involved the testing and installation of backflow prevention devices and inspection of internal building plumbing systems for water cross connections
License or Certificate:
Possession of the following certifications are required at the time of appointment and is a condition of continued employment:
If considered for appointment, candidates must pass a pre-employment background and medical exam, including a drug test.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The conditions herein are typically required of an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of his job.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Must possess mobility to work in the field; strength, stamina, and mobility to perform medium to heavy physical work, to work in confined spaces and around machines, to climb and descend ladders, to operate varied hand and power tools and construction equipment, and to operate a motor vehicle and visit various City sites; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone or radio. The job involves fieldwork requiring frequent walking in operational areas to identify problems or hazards. Finger dexterity is needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator and to operate above-mentioned tools and equipment. Positions in this classification bend, stoop, kneel, reach, and climb to perform work and inspect work sites. Employees must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 75 pounds, or heavier weights with the use of proper equipment.
Employees work in the field and are exposed to loud noise levels, cold and hot temperatures, inclement weather conditions, road hazards, vibration, confining workspace, chemicals, mechanical and/or electrical hazards, and hazardous physical substances and fumes. Employees may interact with upset staff and/or public and private representatives and contractors in interpreting and enforcing departmental policies and procedures.
May be required to be on-call and to work various shifts or emergencies on evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Incumbents must complete twelve (12) months of probation at a satisfactory performance level prior to gaining permanent status.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application to the Employment Office by the final filing deadline;
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline.
3. Written Test: (Weighted 100%) – Qualified candidates will be notified by email of the written test date, time, and location approximately one to two weeks prior to the test. The written test will be job related and may include, but not limited to, the knowledge and abilities as outlined above.
4. Eligibility - Candidates who pass the written test will be placed on an eligible list. The hiring department may contact candidates for interview at any time during the life of the one-year list.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete LiveScan / fingerprinting and receive Human Resources approval prior to receiving a start date from the Department.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process: