This is skilled journey-level work in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical/electronic systems and equipment in various municipal buildings, parks, stations, plants, street lighting and fire alarm systems. The work involves the performance of skilled tasks in accordance with standard trade practices in the installation, alteration, maintenance, and repair of electrical/electronic systems, and equipment. Assignments are made in the form of written or oral instructions and may be accompanied by sketches and/or blue prints. Work is ordinarily performed independently and subject to inspection in process or upon completion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that could likely provide the required knowledge and abilities would be qualifying.
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be experience as a journey-level Electrician. Journey level is completion of a recognized apprenticeship and 8,000 hours in the field.
Possession of a valid California Class C Driver License at the time of appointment. Loss of the Class C License is cause for discipline. Individuals who do not meet this requirement due to physical disability will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
Employees in this classification must reside within thirty-five (35) air miles from the freeway interchange at W-X Streets, 29th-30th Streets within one year following appointment.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Pease note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) – All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application to the Employment Office by the final filing deadline;
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) – In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline;
3. Performance Test: (Weighted 100%) – Qualified candidates will be notified by email and/or mail, based on their notification preference, of the performance test date, time, and location approximately two weeks prior to the test. The performance test will be job related and may include, but not limited to, the knowledge and abilities outlined above.
4. Eligibility - Candidates who pass the written test will be placed on an eligible list. The hiring department may contact candidates for interview at any time during the life of the one-year list.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete LiveScan / fingerprinting and receive Human Resources approval prior to receiving a start date from the Department.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process: