The **Clinical Social Worker** provides biopsychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, counseling, and linkage with resources for patients, their families and significant others. Leads education and support groups. Provides consultation and training on psychosocial aspects of care as a member of the interdisciplinary treatment team. Serves as a liaison to community programs. Provides psychosocial services for patients and family members of all ages in any patient care setting as required for optimal care.. Provides emotional support and education for staff. Assists case managers with complex social situations. Participates on Committees as required.
**MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:**
· Master's degree from a program accredited by the Council on Social Work Education
· Current California licensure in good standing as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
· Experience in a healthcare setting is preferred.
· Experience in Neurology is preferred
· Strong clinical skills in biopsychosocial assessment, crisis intervention, counseling, interdisciplinary collaboration and linkage with resources.
· Knowledge of child, elder and dependent adult abuse and domestic violence reporting requirements and other significant regulations affecting clinical social work practice (e.g. Tarasoff, patient-psychotherapist privilege).
· Knowledge of suicidal behavior, and the skills necessary to assess lethality, and to develop appropriate treatment plans.
· Knowledge and understanding of human behavior and communication, psychotherapy, case management, and the influence of cultural and spiritual values in social work practice.
· Knowledge and skills necessary to provide psychosocial care appropriate to the age-specific needs of newborns, children, adolescents, adults and elders.
· Knowledge of individual and family development over the life spans.
· **Special Skills/Equipment:**
· Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing.
· Work is performed with many interruptions.
· Must demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and competing demands.
· Must be able to occasionally flex time to handle emergencies.
· Work is performed using an electronic medical record.
· **Physical Requirements:**
· Able to access patient care areas and support services throughout the Sacramento region, including hospitals, clinics, patients' homes and community agencies.
· Able to speak and hear well enough to establish effective communication.
Able to read and write in medical records in an accurate, legible and timely manner.
**Primary Location:** California, Greater Sacramento Area, Sacramento
**Organization:** Sutter Medical Foundation - Central
**Employee Status:** Regular
**Employee Referral Bonus:** No
**Position Status:** Exempt
**Job Shift:** Day
**Shift Hours:** 8 Hour Shift
**Days of the Week Scheduled:** Monday-Friday
**Weekend Requirements:** None
**Schedule:** Full Time
**Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:** 80
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.