The City of Sacramento, Department of Utilities is seeking to fill an Instrumentation Technician II position. Incumbents in this classification perform technical duties in the installation, servicing, and repair of electronic and pneumatic instruments and instrument systems such as chemical analyzers, pressure sensors, telemeters, and computer-based process control and data logging and remote control equipment.
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct preventive maintenance, calibration and testing program to carry out a continuous program of instrument inspection and maintenance in an effort to preclude equipment failure and related process control problems.
- Repair, correct, and adjust equipment which does not meet predetermined standards of operating efficiency.
- Review work orders, blueprints, shop drawings, and maintenance schedules with supervisory personnel as necessary as related to specific maintenance and repair projects.
- Plan tool and work sequences necessary for maintenance activities and coordinate plans with assigned personnel to assure mutual understanding about goals and methods.
- Assist in design and construction of new equipment or modification of existing electronic systems.
- Maintain inventory of tools, records, parts, and other material necessary for preventive maintenance of equipment.
- Provide instruction to operations and maintenance personnel to assure better understanding of equipment.
- Work may occasionally be performed in hazardous areas, including but not limited to, sewage sumps, elevated tanks, and high voltage equipment.
- Perform related work as required.
For more detailed information about the position, eligibility requirements, and to apply online, visit our employment website prior to the filing deadline, 7/16/2018: http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities/Career-Opportunities-Open; Job# 003649-18